Radwanska, Bouchard into WTA Shenzhen quarters
Updated: 2016-01-07 09:59
SHENZHEN, China - Top seed Agnieszka Radwanska and sixth seed Eugenie Bouchard both won in straight sets to reach the quarter-finals of WTA Shenzhen Open here on Wednesday.
World No. 5 Radwanska made no mistake to beat Zhang Shuai from China, 6-1, 7-5. The Polish star will face Wang Qiang, who edged American Vania King 7-6 (3), 6-3 to reach her first WTA quarter-final.
Bouchard of Canada eased past Nicole Gibbs from the United States, 6-4, 6-2, reaching her first WTA quarter-final since last year's Australian Open.
Actually, Bouchard completed her first match since she suffered a concussion at the US Open last year.
"Every match that I play gives me a little bit more confidence," Bouchard said.
"I know it's a long way back to where I was and even better, but I'm ready for that long journey," she added.
- Obama says US must act on gun violence, defends new gun control rules
- Over 1 million refugees have fled to Europe by sea in 2015: UN
- Turbulence injures multiple Air Canada passengers, diverts flight
- NASA releases stunning images of our planet from space station
- US-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- DPRK senior party official Kim Yang Gon killed in car accident