Play suspended at Roland Garros in rain
Updated: 2016-05-23 10:26
PARIS - The day one competitions at Roland Garros have been suspended by rain.
|Court workers sweep away rain water. [Photo/Agencies]|
Among the matches in progress, fifth-seeded Kei Nishikori of Japan was leading 6-1, 5-4 over 116-ranked Simone Bolelli of Italy.
Other seeded players on courts when rain halted play were the United States' 23rd seed Jack Sock of men's singles, the women's singles No. 11 seed Lucie Safarova of the Czech Republic and 13-seeded Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia.
The French Open organizers announced for the moment that no match would be played before 4:30pm local time.
- Wildfires continue to rage in Russia's Far East
- Eiffel Tower to become rental apartment for first time
- US lifts arms embargo on Vietnam
- At least 17 schoolgirls killed in boarding-house fire in N Thailand
- Russia to build first cruise liner in 60 years
- LinkedIn, Airbnb match refugees with jobs, disaster survivors with rooms