Key players in 2016 US presidential race
Updated: 2016-02-01 10:44
Republican presidential candidate Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) speaks at Marshalltown Community College in Marshalltown, Iowa January 26, 2016. [Photo/Agencies]
A Cuban-American native of Miami, Florida, Rubio won his Senate election in 2010 and since then has established himself as a leading voice for the new generation of the Republican Party.
After the constant dominance of political outsider Trump and recent rise of Cruz, Rubio is now regarded a viable candidate for party elites and leadership.
However, Rubio's past record on a sweeping immigration bill that granted legal status threatens to drive away conservatives in the party.
- Students must learn safety education, experts say
- 73 bodies recovered from rubble of Shenzhen landslide
- Chinese travelers lead 2015 global outbound tourism
- S Korea to issue 10-year visa to highly-educated Chinese tourists
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Obama pledges $4.2b for computer science education
- Zika a new headache for Olympics prep
- Key players in 2016 US presidential race
- Negotiating political transition in Syria 'possible': Hollande
- At least three killed in light plane crashes in Australia
- BOJ further eases monetary policy, delays inflation target