Key players in 2016 US presidential race
Updated: 2016-02-01 10:44
Key Republican candidates:
US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump speaks in the Orpheum Theatre during a campaign event in Sioux City, Iowa January 31 2016.[Photo/Agencies]
For the past six months, the New York billionaire developer and reality TV celebrity has been dominating the crowded Republican field with no apparent match, at least according to polls.
Appealing to disaffected Republicans across the board, Trump embraced controversial positions that would otherwise end candidacy for other establishment candidates.
Son of Fred Trump, a wealthy real estate mogul, Donald Trump's brash personality and wealth had for long made him one of the most well-known figures in the country.
- Students must learn safety education, experts say
- 73 bodies recovered from rubble of Shenzhen landslide
- Chinese travelers lead 2015 global outbound tourism
- S Korea to issue 10-year visa to highly-educated Chinese tourists
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Obama pledges $4.2b for computer science education
- Zika a new headache for Olympics prep
- Key players in 2016 US presidential race
- Negotiating political transition in Syria 'possible': Hollande
- At least three killed in light plane crashes in Australia
- BOJ further eases monetary policy, delays inflation target