Key players in 2016 US presidential race
Updated: 2016-02-01 10:44
Key Democratic candidates:
US Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton speaks at a campaign event in Carroll, Iowa January 30, 2016.[Photo/Agencies]
A former first lady, Hillary Clinton served as Obama's top diplomat from 2009 to 2013 after her loss in the 2008 Democratic primary to Obama.
Before the 2008 election, Clinton also served as New York senator and her ties to the Wall Street sometimes become a bit of fodder for her critics.
During this election cycle, in the face of surging support for Bernie Sanders in the Democratic Party, Clinton seeks to portray herself as a progressive that can make progress and work with a Republican-controlled Congress.
Though showing her support for Obama, who still enjoys large popularity among Democrats, Clinton has taken positions at odds with Obama on trade, the Keystone pipeline, etc.
- Students must learn safety education, experts say
- 73 bodies recovered from rubble of Shenzhen landslide
- Chinese travelers lead 2015 global outbound tourism
- S Korea to issue 10-year visa to highly-educated Chinese tourists
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Obama pledges $4.2b for computer science education
- Zika a new headache for Olympics prep
- Key players in 2016 US presidential race
- Negotiating political transition in Syria 'possible': Hollande
- At least three killed in light plane crashes in Australia
- BOJ further eases monetary policy, delays inflation target