Israeli army kills two Palestinian infiltrators in West Bank settlement
Updated: 2016-03-02 15:25
JERUSALEM - The Israeli army said Wednesday morning that it shot dead two Palestinian teenagers who infiltrated a Jewish settlement in the West Bank and lightly wounded a settler.
The two assailants infiltrated the settlement of Eli, south of Nablus, a military spokesperson said in a statement, adding that they attacked a man outside his home.
"Force arrived at the scene and shot the attackers, resulting in their death," the statement read.
Israeli media identified the assailants as 17-year-old residents of the neighboring village of Qaryout.
According to Israel's Ynet news site, they attacked the settler with clubs before they tried to flee the scene. Later, a knife was also found in their possessions, Ynet reported.
The incident was the latest in a five-month violent Palestinian uprising, with almost daily violence in the West Bank and Israel.
At least 170 Palestinians and 28 Israelis have been killed since October.
- Israeli army kills two Palestinian infiltrators in West Bank settlement
- Space station crew end record US spaceflight
- ROK conducts drill for WMD carried by DPRK ships
- EU to propose emergency humanitarian aid to Greece
- Cuba intensifies fight to fend off Zika virus
- UN chief calls for 'prompt, impartial' probe into airstrike on Yemeni market