Record number of Americans dislike Hillary Clinton: poll
Updated: 2016-09-01 09:03
Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton addresses the National Convention of the American Legion in Cincinnati, Ohio, US, August 31, 2016. [Photo/Agencies]
WASHINGTON -- US Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton's image is at its record low with Americans in her 25-year national public life, a new poll said on Wednesday.
According to the Washington Post/ABC News poll, 56 percent of Americans now hold unfavorable views of Clinton with 41 percent regarding the former secretary of state with favorable views.
The previous low watermark for Clinton's unfavorability rate was 55 percent in June's version of the poll.
Meanwhile, the poll on Wednesday found that Clinton's Republican counterpart Donald Trump continued to be more unpopular of the two presidential nominees, with 63 percent having an unfavorable opinion of him.
However, Clinton's image is as bad as that of Trump among registered voters, the poll found.
Only 38 percent of registered US voters view Clinton positively while 59 percent say they dislike her, compared to the 37/60 split for Trump.
- Record number of Americans dislike Hillary Clinton: poll
- Mexico contradicts Trump on paying for border wall, clouding visit
- First direct commercial flight from US in over 50 years arrives in Cuba
- Typhoon kills 9 in Japan's old people's home as toll hits 11
- Brazil leader's impeachment trial enters final stretch
- 94th anniv. of Victory Day marked in Turkey
- 'World's most dangerous village' draws visitors
- Chinese female pilots fly fighter-bomber JH-7
- African trainees learn lion dance in NE China's Dalian
- Left-behind children back to hometown after spending summer with family
- Top 10 wealthiest countries in the world
- Princlings go to school
- Chinese painters capture beauty of Hangzhou
- 1,150-meter-long 'floating bridge' created
Anti-graft campaign targets poverty relief
Cherry blossom signal arrival of spring
In pictures: Destroying fake and shoddy products
China's southernmost city to plant 500,000 trees
Cavers make rare finds in Guangxi expedition
Cutting hair for Longtaitou Festival
Today's Top News
Trump outlines anti-terror plan, proposing extreme vetting for immigrants
Phelps puts spotlight on cupping
US launches airstrikes against IS targets in Libya's Sirte
Ministry slams US-Korean THAAD deployment
Two police officers shot at protest in Dallas
Abe's blame game reveals his policies failing to get results
Ending wildlife trafficking must be policy priority in Asia
Effects of supply-side reform take time to be seen
Geared to go
The place to be