10 major economic policies that will make a difference on lives
Updated: 2015-12-24 07:14
Household registration reform to benefit migrants
Migrant workers are expected to gain a permit to settle where they work and live with hukou, or household residency, as the country is trying to reform the current household registration system. Rural migrants, after being transformed into "new urbanites", are seen as the potential population to help diffuse the housing inventory.
Migrant workers in Beijing, Sept 28, 2015. [Photo/IC]
- Spanish Socialist leader insists no support for Rajoy
- Yearend 2015: Heartstopping images captured by daredevils
- Iraqi forces continue offensive against IS in Ramadi
- China slams US double standards on terrorism
- Russia wants Khodorkovsky arrested abroad on murder charges
- Who's real, who's not? Can you spot the difference?