Top 10 regions with highest GDP growth
Updated: 2015-08-03 07:34
Western and central provinces took a greater role in leading China's economic uptick in the second quarter, while the "rust belt" region still lagged in economic expansion.
Of the 31 regions that have released their latest GDP data, 27 posted faster growth in the first half compared with the first quarter, while two saw the growth rate unchanged.
Southwestern metropolis Chongqing led the country with 11 percent growth in the first six months of the year. Central provinces also performed strongly, making up 4 of the top 10 fastest-growing regions.
Liaoning province, a steel and heavy industry hub, grew at the slowest pace of all, though its 2.6 percent year-on-year GDP growth in the first half was up from the 1.9 percent in the first quarter.
China's GDP expanded 7 percent in the second quarter, remaining unchanged from its first quarter, earlier data from the National Bureau of Statistics showed.
Here's a list of the top 10 regions with highest GDP growth in the first half of the year.
10. Jiangsu province 8.5%
A worker works at a construction site in Huaian city, Jiangsu province, during the evening as local temperature spikes to 35 Celsius. [Photo/IC]
- Remains of Chinese guard killed in Somalia attack return home
- Gala promotes gender equality
- Trafficked woman appeals to be left alone, continue her life
- Wreckage discovery shouldn't disrupt search: MH370 families
- 3,000 students attend pre-exam session in huge hall
- 38.7b yuan in State assets recovered in campaign