Zeng show a time-travel retrospective
Updated: 2016-08-04 13:58
By Lin Qi(chinadaily.com.cn)
Blue by Zeng Fanzhi. [Photo provided to China Daily]
Zeng Fanzhi: Parcours, to open on Sept 19, will engage the audience upon a time-travel journey through the diverse body of Zeng's works reflecting his evolution since the 1980s.
It will start with Zeng's early-phrase vanguard experiment when studying at the Hubei Institute of Fine Arts, in the provincial capital Wuhan where he was born and raised.
On show will include his most iconic Mask series, which he has been revisiting since the 1990s in Beijing, which embodies a spirit of constraint in Chinese traditional and won Zeng international recognition.
- Fire guts Emirates jet after hard landing; 1 firefighter dies
- Egypt's Nobel-laureate scientist dies of illness in US
- THAAD muscle flexing unmasks anxiety over declining hegemony
- British police say mental health a significant factor in London knife attack
- Paragliding fans fly over Rigi mountain in Switzerland
- DPRK fires 1 ballistic missile into east waters