Senior justice official probed in Hunan
Updated: 2014-10-23 21:08
CHANGSHA - A senior justice official in central China's Hunan Province is under investigation for a suspected discipline violation, said the provincial discipline watchdog on Thursday.
Wan Chuanyou, born in 1962, was appointed deputy head of the Hunan Provincial Justice Department in 2007.
He is now under investigation for discipline violation, said the Hunan Discipline Inspection Commission of the Communist Party of China.
Since the new CPC leadership assumed office, China has been pushing an unprecedented anti-graft campaign in which dozens of high-ranking officials have been investigated.
- Party points way for rule of law
- Party's leadership "most fundamental guarantee" for rule of law in China
- CPC officials ordered to stop meddling judicial cases
- Rule of law must follow China's path
- Senior justice official probed in Hunan
- PepsiCo sponsors Tsinghua University to train future biz leaders