Ten breakthroughs of China's military diplomacy in 2014
Updated: 2014-12-31 14:34
(China Military Online)
NO.3 Naval vessels had first round tour in Africa
Event playback: The PLAN vessel taskforce had a round tour in Africa from May 5 to June 20, 2014, visiting eight countries in succession, including Tunisia, Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire, Nigeria, Cameroon, Angola, Namibia and South Africa.
Reason for listing: This is the first African round tour made by the PLAN taskforce. Of the eight countries it visited, seven of them were visited by PLAN vessels for the first time except South Africa.
2014 marked the 50th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties between China and many African countries. The African round tour made by the PLAN taskforce deepened mutual understanding and trust between China and the host countries and strongly promoted the new-type China-Africa strategic partnership.
- 'Miss Leisure World' candidates play war game
- Metro use drops slightly as new fare hikes kick in
- Record passenger numbers expected for upcoming chunyun
- Children step out of Daliang Mountain
- 1,000 years on, the art of fish hunting is in safe hands
- National Stadium illuminated to greet New Year countdown
- Death toll from tropical storm rises to 35 in Philippines
- Female fighters in the battle against IS
- China launches frigate for Bangladesh navy
- Divers set to search for AirAsia wreckage after debris, bodies found
- Nurse becomes first Ebola victim diagnosed in Britain
- Remote Canadian polar bear town arouses interest from China