33-car pileup leaves six dead, four injured in Shanxi
Updated: 2015-12-09 08:51
Vehicles crashed on Wangcun viaduct section of Taiyuan-Changzhi Expressway in North China's Shanxi province on Dec 8, 2015. [Photo/weibo.com]
Six died and four sustained injuries when 33 vehicles crashed on a section of Taiyuan-Changzhi Expressway in North China's Shanxi on Tuesday, Qianjiang Evening News repored.
The pileup, which happened on Wangcun viaduct section of the Expressway, was caused by the extremely low visibility due to heavy smog, according to traffic police corps with Department of public security of Shanxi province.
The expressway has been cleared and the injured are in stable condition.
- People exit rebel-held area in Syrian peace deal
- Two DPRK music groups to perform in China
- False bomb alert prompts security measures at Mexico City airport
- Russia fires missiles at IS positions
- US House passes bill to tighten visa waiver program
- Obama, Modi vow to secure 'strong' climate change agreement