Two DPRK music groups to perform in China
Updated: 2015-12-09 15:22
Members of the Moranbong band are seen off at a train station in Pyongyang as they leave for Beijing to give their first concerts abroad on December 9, 2015. [Photo/IC]
PYONGYANG -- Two renowned music groups of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) on Wednesday left for Beijing for performances in China.
The Moranbong band and the state merited chorus were seen off at a train station by high-ranking officials, including Secretary of the Central Committee of the ruling Workers' Party of Korea Kim Ki Nam, Cultural Minister Pak Chun Nam as well as Chinese ambassador Li Jinjun.
- Two DPRK music groups to perform in China
- False bomb alert prompts security measures at Mexico City airport
- Russia fires missiles at IS positions
- US House passes bill to tighten visa waiver program
- Obama, Modi vow to secure 'strong' climate change agreement
- Doctor accused of defrauding Chinese EB-5 investors