Canadian college offers flying classes to legless girl
Updated: 2015-12-17 13:49
By Jiang Wei(chinadaily.com.cn)
Huang Meihua practices yoga at home in Southwest China's Sichuan province, Dec 16, 2015. [Photo/IC]
A girl whose legs had to be amputated after she suffered severe injuries in the 2008 Wenchuan earthquake, has received an invitation from a Canadian college to experience flying courses during the upcoming winter vacation.
Seven years ago, 11-year-old Huang Meihua failed to escape as she was pinned down under stairs in the school building in Beichuan county when a powerful earthquake struck Southwest China's Sichuan province.
She had to be transported to hospital on a helicopter. Since that day she has dreamt of flying a plane.
- Good international coordination a must to combat terrorism
- Chinese embassy: spy report 'sheer fiction'
- US, Cuba agree on restoring commercial flights
- Fed raises interest rates, first rate hike since 2006
- IAEA decides to close nuclear weapons probe of Iran
- Russia, US call for common ground over issues