China's top scientific achievements in 2015
Updated: 2015-12-25 07:14
China's first large home-made passenger airplane C919 rolls off the assembly line on Nov 2 in Shanghai. [Photo by Chen Xiao/Asianewsphoto]
China's first domestically produced large airplane unveiled
The C919, China's first domestically developed large passenger airplane, rolled off the assembly line in November in Shanghai. The plane aims to compete with the Airbus 320 and Boeing 737 globally.
The rollout of the C919 marks a milestone in the aircraft industry of China, which is the world's largest civil aviation market with a fleet of over 2,000 planes dominated by Boeing and Airbus.
The C919 can seat 158 to 174 passengers and has a standard range of 4,075 kilometers. It is expected to make its maiden flight next year.
Related: Domestic airplane makes its debut
- More aid from China set for Syria
- Japanese journalist reportedly being held in Syria
- New York City has warmest Christmas Eve on record
- One dead as fight leads to fatal shooting at North Carolina mall
- Trump's lead bodes well for Hillary Clinton's presidential bid
- Spanish Socialist leader insists no support for Rajoy