China's top scientific achievements in 2015
Updated: 2015-12-25 07:14
Robot Xiaoyi, which can sing, tell a story and chat with people, is on display at the Light of the Internet Expo in Wuzhen, Zhejiang province, Dec 14, 2015. [Photo by Zou Hong/China Daily]
Internet expo sheds lights on the future
The 2nd World Internet Conference was held in the riverside town of Wuzhen, East China's Zhejiang province, in December. The event attracted dozens of global Internet heavyweights and called for the building of a cyberspace community of shared destiny.
As part of the event, the Light of the Internet Expo highlighted cutting-edge technology such as driverless cars, 3D printing and the Internet of Things, and also ideas that could become daily items in the near future, such as "virtual fitting rooms" which help one try on new clothes without the trouble of taking them on and off.
- More aid from China set for Syria
- Japanese journalist reportedly being held in Syria
- New York City has warmest Christmas Eve on record
- One dead as fight leads to fatal shooting at North Carolina mall
- Trump's lead bodes well for Hillary Clinton's presidential bid
- Spanish Socialist leader insists no support for Rajoy