First lady Peng leads fight against tuberculosis
Updated: 2016-03-24 07:56
By Shan Juan(chinadaily.com.cn)
Between 2011 and 2015, China reported 4.27 million TB cases, and 1.6 million were highly contagious.
Populations such as students and migrant workers are relatively susceptible due to their living environments, Wang added.
To curb the disease, the central government has earmarked 3.06 billion yuan ($471 million) in the past five years for TB control and prevention.
- Police issue wanted notice for suspect after Brussels attacks
- China eyes cooperation plan for Lancang-Mekong countries
- Toronto's colorful former mayor Rob Ford dies of cancer
- NASA's Kepler sees first 'shock breakout' in exploding star
- First case of Zika virus detected in S.Korea
- Syrian mothers: Survival and loss