First lady Peng leads fight against tuberculosis
Updated: 2016-03-24 07:56
By Shan Juan(chinadaily.com.cn)
The treatment for TB is highly subsidized, with that for common TB virtually free of charge, said Li Liang, a veteran TB specialist in Beijing.
But efforts need to be further enhanced, particularly with the multidrug-resistant TB, or MDR-TB.
The WHO's 2015 Global TB Report said only three in 10 TB patients in China receive proper laboratory diagnosis, and five in 100 of all estimated MDR-TB patients are reported to receive proper treatment.
- Police issue wanted notice for suspect after Brussels attacks
- China eyes cooperation plan for Lancang-Mekong countries
- Toronto's colorful former mayor Rob Ford dies of cancer
- NASA's Kepler sees first 'shock breakout' in exploding star
- First case of Zika virus detected in S.Korea
- Syrian mothers: Survival and loss