First lady Peng leads fight against tuberculosis
Updated: 2016-03-24 07:56
By Shan Juan(chinadaily.com.cn)
Tuberculosis has been declining in incidence and fatality in China, but it still has a high prevalence, a senior health official said.
Wang Bin, deputy director of the disease prevention and control bureau of the National Health and Family Planning Commission, made the remarks at a news conference on Wednesday ahead of World TB Day, which falls on March 24.
On Tuesday, China's first lady Peng Liyuan visited construction workers in Beijing to promote TB prevention and treatment.
- Police issue wanted notice for suspect after Brussels attacks
- China eyes cooperation plan for Lancang-Mekong countries
- Toronto's colorful former mayor Rob Ford dies of cancer
- NASA's Kepler sees first 'shock breakout' in exploding star
- First case of Zika virus detected in S.Korea
- Syrian mothers: Survival and loss