Big data for Spring Festival: 8m overseas trips, etc
Updated: 2016-02-15 14:15
5. Cinema box office hits new record
China's cinema box office sales hit a new record, by pulling in over 2.9 billion yuan ($441.4 million) in just seven days, from Spring Festival Eve (Feb 7) to Feb 13, according to the film administration.
The sales surpassed last year's 1.82 billion yuan during Spring Festival holidays in just five days.
The ticket sales of The Mermaid movie hit one billion yuan in four days after being released.
- ASEAN wants good US-China relations
- Jury finds NYPD's Liang guilty in fatal shooting
- Major powers agree on plan to break Syria deadlock
- Munich Security Conference opens amid concerns
- General strike against pension reform brings Greece to standstill
- Madrid airport sounds alarm after bomb threat on Saudi plane