Ten treasures from Palace Museum to look forward to
Updated: 2015-09-11 07:53
3. Spring Excursion
The painting from Sui Dynasty represents the feature of China's landscape paintings in early period. The painter's name and seal is nowhere to be found on the painting but there is a line "Zhan Ziqian's Spring Excursion" written by Emperor Huizong of Song Dynasty. So it was regarded as a piece from Sui Dynasty painter Zhan Ziqian (545-618) by later dynasties.
4. A Literary Gathering
Created by Zhou Wenju, this is an authentic work and a treasure from the Five Dynasties. The painting depicts four scholars' images, from which we can get a glimpse of the typical ancient literati. The drawing style was regarded as "War Pen Drawing", invented by Zhou Wenju.
- Russian military experts present in Syria
- Norway PM says Norwegian citizen taken hostage in Syria
- Hungarian TV journalist fired for tripping up fleeing migrants
- Leaders from EU, Russia, Ukraine to meet in Paris in Oct
- Music is food for the soul for young Chinese violinist
- Australia's Tasmania, China agree to 'work together' on Antarctic expeditions