Ten treasures from Palace Museum to look forward to
Updated: 2015-09-11 07:53
The Hall of Martial Valor and Palace of Prolonging Happiness (Yanxi gong) recently opened a special exhibition displaying nearly 300 pieces of treasures including paintings Along the River During the Qingming Festival and Five Oxen, and calligraphy piece Letter to Boyuan.
These treasures are hardly ever shown to the public. To better understand what's on display, here are 10 pieces of treasures among exhibited items that are highly recommended.
1. Along the River During the Qingming Festival
It's one of the ten most famous paintings in China and the most precious treasure of the museum. It's completely unrolled for the time since 2005. The painting will be on display for two months.
The work by Zhang Zeduan (1085-1145), measuring 24.8 centimeters wide and 5.29 meters long, depicts a flourishing landscape of Bianjing, the capital of the Northern Song Dynasty (960-1127).
- Russian military experts present in Syria
- Norway PM says Norwegian citizen taken hostage in Syria
- Hungarian TV journalist fired for tripping up fleeing migrants
- Leaders from EU, Russia, Ukraine to meet in Paris in Oct
- Music is food for the soul for young Chinese violinist
- Australia's Tasmania, China agree to 'work together' on Antarctic expeditions