More risk, more fun: extreme sports of 2014
Updated: 2014-12-09 09:56
Tommy Caldwell, 35, and his wife Becca, 27, are camping 3,000 foot high on the side of a cliff in Yosemite National Park, California. [Photo/IC]
Hanging precariously in tents off a 3,000-foot-high vertical cliff face wouldn't be most people's idea of the perfect camping trip. But for this daredevil couple, pitching their tents thousands of feet up is just normal.
Professional free climbers, Tommy Caldwell and Becca, of Estes Park, Colorado, US, climb on these cliff faces using just their hands and feet, only relying on their equipment to protect them if they fall. The climbs can last for weeks and the couple must set up tents on the edge of monstrous cliff faces to grab some much needed rest.
- S.Korea won't conduct F-35 fighter maintenance in Japan
- India launches unmanned crew module into outer space with heaviest rocket
- Two missing after Chinese ship grounded near Oki islands
- Two people missing after China fishing boat grounded near Japan's Shimane
- 2014 marked by peaceful transfer of power in Afghanistan
- Cambodia sends 184 peacekeepers to Lebanon