Top 30 world’s most congested cities
Updated: 2015-04-07 10:03
The wold traffic congestion report was published by TomTom, a global leader in navigation and mapping. Chinese cities in the top-30 are Taipei (11th), Chongqing (12th), Tianjin (14th), Beijing (15th), Guangzhou (17th), Chengdu (19th), Shanghai (24th), Shijiazhuang (25th), Fuzhou (28th), Shenyang (29th) and Hangzhou (30th).
The TomTom Traffic Index measures travel times during the whole day and during peak periods and compares these with measured travel times during non-congested periods, which it calls free flow conditions.
Here is TomTom’s top 30:
No 1: Istanbul
No 2: Mexico City
- Vietnam, Russia agree to deepen energy cooperation
- Museum reveals evidence of alleged Japanese wartime 'medical experiments'
- Brazilian student masters Chinese
- France bans super-skinny models in anorexia clampdown
- Russian planes evacuate over 300 people from Yemen
- Survivors from Kenyan university attack sent back home