China eyes more innovation cooperation with Israel
Updated: 2016-04-12 23:58
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang (R) meets with Israeli Parliament Speaker Yuli Edelstein in Beijing, capital of China, April 12, 2016. [Photo/Xinhua]
BEIJING -- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang called for further cooperation with Israel in the field of innovation when meeting with Israeli Knesset (parliament) Speaker Yuli Edelstein on Tuesday in Beijing.
Li applauded the smooth and healthy development of China-Israel relations.
Bilateral trade has maintained strong growth against the backdrop of shrinking global trade last year, which showed the great potential of bilateral cooperation, he said.
Next year marks the 25th anniversary of the China-Israel diplomatic ties and China is willing to take the opportunity to further political exchanges and expand pragmatic cooperation with Israel, he said.
The premier called on the two sides to actively push forward the negotiation on a free trade agreement, and create mechanisms and platforms for innovation cooperation.
He hoped that the Israeli parliament will continue to support the development of bilateral relations and create a better environment for bilateral cooperation and people-to-people exchanges.
Edelstein, on a China visit from Sunday to Thursday, said Israel is willing to enhance exchanges and communication with the Chinese government, law-making agency, business community, academic community and civil society.
- As country's population has grown, so has the level of higher education
- New hiv testing project targets groups most at risk
- Study finds 20-year slump in exercise
- Little champ: Four-year-old roller skates on cliff
- Chinese scientists figure out Zika virus NS1 protein structure
- China charting a new course
- Ecuador continues recovery efforts following powerful quake
- Beacons and gun salutes as Britain's Queen Elizabeth turns 90
- Queen Elizabeth II's China connections
- Portraits of Queen Elizabeth released to mark her 90th brithday
- Big celebration set for queen's 90th birthday
- Things to know about Queen Elizabeth II