60% Chinese rich people plan to buy house overseas, US most preferred
Updated: 2016-11-09 16:56
Over 60% of rich people in China plan to buy properties overseas in the next 3 years, according to the Hurun Research Institute and Visas Consulting Group.
About 1.34 million Chinese people who own at least 1.5 million USD took the survey from August to October, 2016.
The survey found that about 0.8 million people intend to invest in land property in foreign countries and live overseas.
Hupert Hoogewerf, the CEO and top researcher of Hurun Report, said that a major goal of rich people in China is to distribute 1/3 of their wealth overseas, with bank-savings and land-purchase their preferred choices.
The report also shows that the most popular country that rich people want to migrate to is the United States, followed by the UK, Canada, Australia and Singapore.
The major factors influencing the choice of target countries is education, investment environment, immigration policy, taxation, medical condition, visa requirements and how hard it is to adapt to the target country.
- China jails 49 for catastrophic Tianjin warehouse blasts
- Taobao village gets ready for shopping spree on 11/11
- Parents leave behind 9 million children in China
- 60% Chinese rich people plan to buy house overseas, US most preferred
- Lovable cub Pandora recalled 78 years later
- Two facing extradition from France
- Black humor dots NYC'S Times Square on election day
- Cambodia marks 63rd Independence Day
- Streets are alive with giant fried eggs in Santiago
- Climate Change Conference celebrates Forest Action Day
- Midnight vote in tiny New Hampshire town kicks off
- Swedish prosecutor says Assange interview set for Nov 14