Art exhibitions in 2016 worth seeing
Updated: 2016-01-22 09:10
Year 2015 witnessed many fabulous exhibitions and art events. In 2016, what art enjoyments can we expect? The Paper selected a batch of most representative exhibitions worldwide that are going to feast our eyes in 2016, which covers fields of photography, archaeology, fashion and others.
1. A genius' visions
Triptych altar art The Haywain, will be on display in Bosch's hometown for the first time. [Photo/Het Noordbrabants Museum]
Address: Stedelijk Museum, Den Bosch, Holland
Time: Feb 13 - May 8
"Bosch - The centenary exhibition"
Address: Prado Museum, Madrid, Spain
Time: May 31 - Sep 11, 2016
On the occasion of the 500th anniversary of the Dutch artist Hieronymus Bosch's (1450 – 1516) death, his born city - Den Bosch, Holland - is putting on the largest retrospective works from the artist ever.
The Prado Museum in Spain is also preparing to welcome the largest monographic exhibition on the Dutch artist in the new year.
Considered to be one of the pioneers of 20th century surrealism, Hieronymus Bosch has a unique style of painting. Bosch's works mostly depicted diabolical figures which reflect the moral perversity and evil sides of humans.
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap
- Powerful snowstorm threatens US East Coast; flights canceled
- 2015 Earth's hottest year on record: US agencies
- 8 killed in car bomb near Russian Embassy in Kabul
- Researchers find possible ninth planet beyond Neptune