Art exhibitions in 2016 worth seeing
Updated: 2016-01-22 09:10
5. Diane Arbus: In the beginning
The Backwards Man in His Hotel Room, a photograph by Diane Arbus. [Photo/Christie's]
Address: The Metropolitan Museum of Art Breuer branch, New York, US
Time: July 12 - Nov 27, 2016
Diane Arbus (1923–1971) is an influential figure in the world of photography. She focused her camera on non-mainstream groups in society like transexuals, homeless people, and the mentally disabled. Her works inspired the public's re-examining of "normal" and "abnormal", and "moral" and "immoral".
The exhibition will exhibit the photographer's early works between the years 1956 and 1962, among which two-thirds that have never been published before.
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap
- Powerful snowstorm threatens US East Coast; flights canceled
- 2015 Earth's hottest year on record: US agencies
- 8 killed in car bomb near Russian Embassy in Kabul
- Researchers find possible ninth planet beyond Neptune