Art exhibitions in 2016 worth seeing
Updated: 2016-01-22 09:10
3. Emperors' treasures
The meat-shaped stone from Taipei's Palace Museum. [Photo/npm.gov.tw]
Address: Asian Art Museum, San Francisco, US
Time: June 17 - Sept 18, 2016
Nearly 150 artworks from Taipei's Palace Museum which include paintings, calligraphy, bronze vessels, ceramics, lacquer ware, jades, textiles and documents will travel to the US as part of activities to celebrating the 50th anniversary of the founding of the Asian Art Museum.
The exhibited items, spanning from Song Dynasty (960-1279) to Qing Dynasty (1644-1911), are making their debut on US soil. The popular meat-shaped stone has been confirmed to make its appearance in Los Angeles.
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap
- Powerful snowstorm threatens US East Coast; flights canceled
- 2015 Earth's hottest year on record: US agencies
- 8 killed in car bomb near Russian Embassy in Kabul
- Researchers find possible ninth planet beyond Neptune