Art exhibitions in 2016 worth seeing
Updated: 2016-01-22 09:10
Designed by Iris van Herpen and Neri Oxman, printed by Stratasys, Anthozoa Cape and Skirt, Voltage, Haute Couture Collection, 2013. [Photo/mfa.org]
Address: Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, US
Time: March 6 – July 10, 2016
The future fashion largely depends on technological innovation as top designers in the world like Issey Miyake, Rei Kawakubo, Hussein Chalayan, and Alexander McQueen already tried introducing the newest technology of laser, electronic technology and 3D printing into their works.
The exhibition in 2016 will showcase some works from these designers along with other exhibits. The highlight of the exhibition is a laser printed skirt from Alexander McQueen's last show in 2010. The exhibition will explore collaborations among designers, mathematicians and scientists, and show how clothing can present different visual effects brought by the technology.
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap
- Powerful snowstorm threatens US East Coast; flights canceled
- 2015 Earth's hottest year on record: US agencies
- 8 killed in car bomb near Russian Embassy in Kabul
- Researchers find possible ninth planet beyond Neptune