Chinese premier calls for co-op with SCO countries on urbanization
Updated: 2015-12-16 09:43
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang (center) and other participants of the 14th prime ministers' meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) visit Zhengdong New District in Zhengzhou, central China's Henan Province, Dec. 15, 2015. [Photo/gov.cn]
Calling urbanization "the biggest domestic demand in China," Li said the central and western part of China enjoy huge potential for development.
He said China will promote a people-centered urbanization and expand domestic demand through reform and innovation, so as to inject impetus into economic growth and provide opportunities for cooperation with other countries.
- Saudi Arabia announces 34-state anti-terror alliance
- Premier greets SCO leaders ahead of meeting
- Bus crashes in northern Argentina, killing 43 policemen
- California shooter messaged Facebook friends about support for jihad
- Obama says anti-IS fight continues to be difficult
- Washington's cherry trees bloom in heat wave