48 illegal Chinese workers detained in Russia
Updated: 2013-08-22 06:25
MOSCOW - Forty-eight illegal Chinese workers have been detained in Volgograd, a city in southern Russia, the Chinese Embassy in Moscow confirmed Wednesday.
Sources from the Chinese Embassy in Russia said that the Chinese workers were among a group of illegal labor workers detained when local police in Volgograd conducted a raid against foreign laborers with no legal documents for residency.
They were said to have come to Volgograd with tourist visas. Some of them even didn't carry ID with them as their passports were seized by intermediate organizations upon their arrivals in Russia.
Russian authorities have promised to provide the detained Chinese workers with necessary aid for subsistence and fully cooperate with the Chinese Embassy before repatriating them to China.
- Chinese students boost boarding business in US
- Chinese put on alert in Afghanistan
- Afghan Interior Ministry condemns killing Chinese
- Tour for overseas Chinese youth comes to a happy close
- Families feel the pull of 'gravity'
- Overseas Chinese learn to start a business in Pudong
- Time to speak up for language
- Manning gets 35 years in WikiLeaks trial
- At least 37 killed in Malaysian bus crash
- FM calls for closer Cambodia relations
- Problems for rural kids in cities
- Search for escaped crocodiles continues
- Police break up baby trafficking ring
- Jeremy Lin celebrates birthday in basketball clinic
- Police identify suspect in US school shooting
New study reveals corruption pattern
Wild Africa: The new attraction to Chinese tourists
Graduates hope to bust graft
Get ready for army roll call
In High (School) Demand
Today's Top News
Bo Xilai stands trial for bribery, embezzlement
Export rebound in US 'no big threat'
China will become No 1 oil importer
Affluent tourists 'go it alone'; seek culture, good food
Sales of iPad fall as Android-based devices gain
Manning gets 35 years in WikiLeaks trial
Chinese workers detained in Russia
US spying raises tensions with China
Geared to go
The place to be