Top 10 social media events of 2015
Updated: 2015-12-18 06:31
What color is the dress?
In February, when a photo of a dress was posted online, it confounded the world as Internet users went nuts over its color: While some saw it as white and gold, others believed it a blue and black, a few people even saw one interpretation and then switch to the other.
The argument lasted until scientists gave us the answer: Our perception of color depends on interpreting the amount of light in a room or scene. So it's all about the way your brain is programmed to understand light — and whether you're a night or day person.
- 10 execs suspected of faking pollution data
- Top 10 social media events of 2015
- Life sentences for east China child traffickers
- Shenzhen leaps to top of efficiency list in 2 yrs
- Pandas prefer choosing their own sex partners, researchers find
- Tycoons exchange views on building a cyberspace community of shared future
- Good international coordination a must to combat terrorism
- Chinese embassy: spy report 'sheer fiction'
- US, Cuba agree on restoring commercial flights
- Fed raises interest rates, first rate hike since 2006
- IAEA decides to close nuclear weapons probe of Iran
- Russia, US call for common ground over issues