Top 10 social media events of 2015
Updated: 2015-12-18 06:31
Fitting-room sex video
A video clip shot on a smartphone showing a couple having sex in a fitting room of Uniqlo, a popular fashion retailer, in Beijing's Sanlitun area went viral after being uploaded on the Internet on July 14.
The one-minute video, reportedly been shared millions of times on social media platforms such as Weibo and WeChat, sparkled a ethical and legal debate.
The video was soon taken off by major websites and six people involved in the case were held by police.Related: China's Internet giants reprimanded over obscene clip
- 10 execs suspected of faking pollution data
- Top 10 social media events of 2015
- Life sentences for east China child traffickers
- Shenzhen leaps to top of efficiency list in 2 yrs
- Pandas prefer choosing their own sex partners, researchers find
- Tycoons exchange views on building a cyberspace community of shared future
- Good international coordination a must to combat terrorism
- Chinese embassy: spy report 'sheer fiction'
- US, Cuba agree on restoring commercial flights
- Fed raises interest rates, first rate hike since 2006
- IAEA decides to close nuclear weapons probe of Iran
- Russia, US call for common ground over issues