Yearender: Key words from popular China news stories in 2015
Updated: 2015-12-29 07:02
The notion of "Internet Plus" in the government work report has drawn wide attention, as many see it as a sign of the government's increasing emphasis on the Internet industry.
China will develop the "Internet Plus"action plan to integrate mobile Internet, cloud computing, big data and the Internet of Things with modern manufacturing, to encourage the healthy development of e-commerce, industrial networks, and Internet banking, and to help Internet companies increase their international presence, according to the work report.
Internet Plus is the integration of the Internet and traditional industries through online platforms and IT technology, it is expected to help economic restructuring, improve people's livelihoods and transform of government functions, according to Wu Hequan, academic of Chinese Academy of Engineering.
- US-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- DPRK senior party official Kim Yang Gon killed in car accident
- Former Israeli PM Olmert's jail term cut, cleared of main charge
- Japan, S. Korea reach deal on 'comfort women'
- More than 70 killed in Nigeria bombings, suicide attacks
- Argentina issues orange alert for heat wave