Yearender: Key words from popular China news stories in 2015
Updated: 2015-12-29 07:02
A worker assembles an electric car at a new energy Vehicle company in Binzhou city, Shandong province, Nov 21, 2015. [Photo/Xinhua]
China's State Council has unveiled a ten-year national plan, Made in China 2025, designed to transform China from a manufacturing giant into a world manufacturing power.
The plan, endorsed by Premier Li Keqiang, is the country's first action plan focusing on promoting manufacturing.
The plan will be followed by another two plans in order to transform China into a leading manufacturing power by the year 2049, which marks the 100th anniversary of the founding of the People's Republic of China.
- US-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- DPRK senior party official Kim Yang Gon killed in car accident
- Former Israeli PM Olmert's jail term cut, cleared of main charge
- Japan, S. Korea reach deal on 'comfort women'
- More than 70 killed in Nigeria bombings, suicide attacks
- Argentina issues orange alert for heat wave