Yearender: Key words from popular China news stories in 2015
Updated: 2015-12-29 07:02
Visitors look at unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) during an exhibition in Beijing, Oct 19, 2015. [Photo/IC]
Mass entrepreneurship and innovation
Since Premier Li Keqiang highlighted popular entrepreneurship and innovation as new engines to spur growth while pledging to increase supplies of public goods and services at the government work report in March, innovation and entrepreneurship have been gaining momentum across the country.
Innovation is ranked first among the five principles highlighted in the proposal of the 13th Five-Year Plan (2016-2020), which was adopted at the Fifth Session of the 18th Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee.
Related coverage: Upstarts and startups: Post-90s entrepreneurs in China
- US-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- DPRK senior party official Kim Yang Gon killed in car accident
- Former Israeli PM Olmert's jail term cut, cleared of main charge
- Japan, S. Korea reach deal on 'comfort women'
- More than 70 killed in Nigeria bombings, suicide attacks
- Argentina issues orange alert for heat wave