Getting to know the New Normal
Updated: 2016-01-16 01:30
By HONG XIAO in New York(China Daily USA)
Han Jun. PROVIDED TO CHINA DAILY
To ensure the doubling of the GDP and the per capita income of urban and rural residents in 2020 by 2010's goal, Han said it must maintain a necessary growth rate. The bottom line of China's average annual economic growth rate should be more than 6.5 percent.
Liu Peilin, deputy director-general and research fellow of the Department of Development Strategy and Regional Economy, Development Research Center of the State Council, attended the briefing.
He said, in the upcoming five years, China's potential economic growth rate is between 6-and-7 percent, according to a number of reports. During this time, China would achieve a higher growth than 6.5 percent, but many factors were uncertain.
In the future, China will value high-quality economic development more than the economic growth rate as an indicator, Liu said.
- Tennessee couple first to claim Powerball jackpot
- Kerry to visit China in late January
- Getting to know the New Normal
- Massive dinosaur skeleton will spill out of hall at NY museum
- Pakistan confirms detention of top suspect of Indian airbase attack
- US sailors made 'navigational error' into Iranian waters